Friday 25 July 2008

Here We Go Again

I lugged my portable kitchen to the bar Wednesday evening in order to cook "on the spot" the meal for Teresa and myself. Having pre-cooked the pasta here in the apartment all I had left to do was just to make the sauce and assemble the dish. I cant remember how or why but I decided to wait until 1am, after checking with Teresa that she wouldn't die of starvation in the interim, before dishing-up in order to allow Ana-Mary to sample a freshly prepared portion. As it turned out I'd cooked far more pasta than was necessary for two or three portions and ended up giving the rest away to those in the bar; one of whom was Ward, from The Ship, a qualified cook who was deliberately "targeted" with a taster to get his comment. It seems that for a beginner I did a good job! Teresa eventually got to enjoy her meal as well. Ana-Mary then told me that "tomorrow we go to find a Microwave for you" and, lo and behold, yesterday at 9pm they pulled up outside, summoned me to the boot of their car and presented me with a combi job (microwave and oven combined.) They still have to find a hotplate for me though but I don't think that that will be long in arriving, so now all that I have to do is build a repertoire of dishes for the menu. Interesting times. BTW, oft mentioned of late, meet Teresa, from Ireland. We now work together.

A phone-call yesterday afternoon, from Harry's number turned out to be Erica. "I'm uptown in Maria's Bar and want to say "Hi". She'd arrived a day late after missing her connection with the flight from Boston to Dublin and having to stay overnight at her own cost despite an airlines failure to keep to its timetable. Safe and sound, she's back and still wearing that damned baseball cap. Next move is to get married to Harry.

No comments: