Sunday 6 July 2008

Tortilla, or not Tortilla.

First, to the person who said "hello" yesterday....Hello. Somehow or other I missed it.

4am finish this morning due to Favio and Ana-Mary bringing family members in for a drink. Ana-Mary introduced me to Favio's Sister, a cousin and her Husband and a friend. Ana-Mary then told me that they think that the Barman is very handsome!! Aw shucks folk!! Sat sitting here though, bare chested, on camera, it's a different story! On the way in, though, I was able to give Lisa a jar of Chutney and am now waiting for a verdict. Anna surprised me last night by dropping by with Paco, her partner, which, here, reminds me to say that I think that I may have one fruit starting to develop on the pepper plant(s) that she gave me. She is going to be given a jar of chutney today and Paco has promised to send in a Green Tomato, grown in their garden, which will be as big as a human head!! I must try Gordons Gin sometime! So, more Chutney seems to be on the cards and I have a few more Cherry Vines available now as well.

I'm contemplating resurrecting the Sunday Afternoon "tapas" that I used to do in the Garden Bar and I've a hankering to start by knocking up a Tortilla today , a bigish one, and taking it in. But I don't know......it is not Sunday afternoon, people have eaten, or are eating, and any food I produce might just sit there. But then again it might prompt Favio to begin following through the idea about some cooking facilities in the bar - that's if he comes in because, very often on Sundays he doesn't. Funnily enough Ana-Mary told me the other day (all in Spanish and I understood everything) that she followed a recipe that I gave her for Pork and Apple a week or so ago and that she was well pleased with the result, thus indicating that she was still well-aware of my interest in anything culinary despite the fact that I haven't done anything in the bar since when? Burn's Night? The cock-a-leekie soup? Maybe she needs to prompt Favio as well.

Tortilla, or not Tortilla; that is THE question.

1500hrs Decision taken! I'm going to make one. And I just love my microwave...sterilizing jamjars for re-use is a cinch with a drop of water and two minutes.

Erm...forget the tortilla (for tonight at least)...it fell to bits.

No comments: