Tuesday 12 August 2008

All Done & Dusted

I've a sneaky feeling that I'm about to receive visitors from the UK (into the bar) who "know" me via this blog. If that IS the case then I look forward to it.

Yesterday my copy of the Contract of Employment was returned to the bar for me to collect and also yesterday Beryl was kind enough to accompany me to the accountant's office to help me sort out the final bits n' bobs with regard to the paymemt of my salary straight into my Bank Account. All was accomplished and this morning I note online that my salary is indeed sitting there in my account, totally all mine for the use of. Next move is to downsize apartments to a studio, releasing more disposable income each month. All in all, things look good for the future at last. And good job too because last night there was an official visit from the Town Hall (luckily Favio was on-hand and able to deal with it) querying the illegal terrace and opening times and, as I understand it, he has been given time to apply to have the Licence altered to accommodate the variances . Being legally employed now has its advantages....not only was I not told to "disappear" while they were there but, come to think of it, I can also wear my waistcoat etc. if I want to!!!

Favio raised the point with me a day or two ago about getting the bar onto the Internet. He can't; he admits that he doesn't know how to but he knows that I do. He does have a Domain registered already, and when he's prepared to pay for a telephone line into the bar maybe we can get it all organized, webcam an'all. (StreetCam not a BarCam before everybody starts panickin'!)

38ºC /100ºF as I write, another hot day. Shopping is done, a seafood salad is on tonight's menu and the Chicken Stock has been turned into another Lentil Stew which, this time, includes half-a-dozen streaky (spanish) rashers, coarsely cut up and thrown in, that I found in the fridge beginning to dry at the edges. It's my day off tomorrow and if the temperatures are much the same I'm going to spend the evening in the Med keeping cool.

100ºF???.....1700hrs and the local weather station (the airport) is now reporting 40ºC/104ºF

No comments: