Wednesday 20 August 2008

Lazing Around

Yesterday I took this computer into the bar to show Favio a spreadsheet that I have setup dealing with the Bar Stocks (well, those that I am responsible for). He was impressed enough to tell me that he would like a copy of each week's stockcheck emailed to him. Good as done as they say. And there is the reason why the WebCams were down yesterday...everything was disconnected. Sorry 'bout that!

Today, of course, is my rest day and I'm taking it easy with a few Tinto Veranos (50/50 Red Wine & Lemonade over Ice in a Highball tumbler, although I'm actually using a bitter lemon instead of lemonade) while sorting the Soup cauldron out and thinking about my evening meal. Chicken and Parsley risotto is what I have in mind using the meat pickings after straining the stock. Waste not, want not.

Late last night Hilde came into the bar with a couple of friends. I haven't seen her for a while (to talk to) but she came behind the bar and asked me to dance with her to the background music. Whilst we were doing so Emilio (who was showing off his sooper-dooper Digital SLR camera to all and sundry) took a dozen or more photos of us and, hopefully, I will be able to post a shot or two here soon, having asked him to email me them. Over the course of time hundreds of photos have been taken of me in the bar and I always ask that they be sent to me but, as yet, nobody has ever obliged. But Emilio is a neighbour, not a tourist/visitor, so he won't get off so lightly. Talking of visitors, the first of the Autumn regulars have arrived (Christy & Margaret from Ireland, immediate neighbours of mine you will remember) and I am now the proud owner of a Clonakilty White Pudding, safely stashed in the fridge. Spread on toast, apparantly, it is supposed to very nice.

I was wrong about my Bank Account; I still cannot access my salary. So, tomorrow I'm going back to the accountant to elicit more help from him in clearing the problem. They say that the average day-to-day vocabulary is just 500 words so I'm hoping that I wont need 501 because he doesn't speak any English.

Sun's down, griddle is warming, time to risotto. BTW Cristina came to see me last night to tell me about all that she has had done in the studio below, especially emphasising "the new kitchen including hot water"! I think that she thinks that I like to cook. I must tea-smoke some more salmon and then invite her up to discuss rent levels.

No comments: