Sunday 24 August 2008

Sweet Music

Many moons ago when I bought my mobile phone I discovered amongst its menus a compose function that allowed me to write my own ringtone. I played with it for a little while and assigned the result to a certain young lady's number. It has only ever rung once until today and even not having heard it for ages (that first time was over my confusion about her coming to see me here when I went up to the bus stop and waited in vain, having already been told that she was going to be late, remember?) I recognised it immediately. She has been sending texts which I have not received and today she resorted to a voice call to invite me over today, but I had to tell her that it was too late today (I have to work later), and that Wednesdays are always better for me. Actually I was working in the bar, when her call came through, doing the stock count. Our last contact was on 22 July when she invited me over for the evening etc., but I could only go in the afternoon due to having to be back for work at 7pm to continue showing Teresa the ropes. That proved inconvenient for Lary so she responded by putting it off until another day. And I (supposedly) haven't heard from her since. Now we are sorted. I've just sent a txt to tell her that in future we should use voice and I'll just have to cope without the body language assistance, and, hopefully, this coming Wednesday, we can get together once more. It's a shame, though, missing her previous messages because I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to Katy or Viktor when they returned to Russia, I presume, at the end of July. Anyway, I'll chase her up on Tuesday to see what can be arranged, my day off is always good in Calahonda.

No comments: