Wednesday 27 August 2008

Phones are Not so Bad after all.

I'm off to Calahonda a little later for a barbie. Our phonecalls are working well, I'm findng it easier with each one, getting used to her accent on the phone and, no doubt, her with mine. Funnily enough I'm finding that I am thinking faster and thinking in Spanish which makes it all the more easy. I still make loads of mistakes though (and probably always will) but who cares, we understand each other sufficiently to successfully organise things between us. Thinking back to that evening on the train with David, when we all went out for meal in Fuengirola and I had been told to ring her from Los Boliches, the bad nerves I had over that little call have disappeared completely. Mind you Katy is not in the background egging Lary on to tease me over my Spanish this time.

She may not be in when I get there (shopping) but Viktor is there to open the door for me (I was wrong to suppose that his holiday would've ended in July it seems.) So, more talk of a Restaurant and The Crimea no doubt over volumes of wine. It might be a long night again!

No comments: