Tuesday 26 August 2008

Esperando

On Sunday evening I was twiddling my fingers in an empty bar and decided to delete my inbox/outbox on my mobile phone. Immediately I started doing that 2 SMSs came in, one from Larisa and one from Aaron. Larisa's had been sent 30 hours previously on Saturday and Aaron's had also been sent on Saturday. Now I'm wondering if the phone's memory had been too full to receive anymore, although, normally, it will flash-up a message to that effect. Not to worry, Larisa followed up with the phonecall on Sunday afternoon and Aaron had already done what his said he was going to do and sent me an email with his visit dates detailed. Having suggested to Lary that we ought to start talking on the phone I have seen fit to take the bull by the horns and have just called her myself to see if we can meet tomorrow. So, plans are afoot, nothing concrete yet, I'm waiting on a call back from her. But at least I did it, spoke on the phone for once, in spanish and I think that she was more nervous than I was with the spanish language on the blower. It's not easy as I keep telling you. Now I hope that I can look forward to more of my handwritten little ditty waking up my mobile's screen.

Last night was so quiet in the bar that I was able to prep it for today before I locked up for the night so today I don't have to worry about going "in" before opening time. Which means that I have to find something else to do.........where's the kitchen.......

OK. Here's a silly take on scrambled egg. Done because I've time on my hands and I'm all a'dither waiting for Larisa to call back. Life's good, well almost...I still can't get any of my money out of the bank. Anyway.....,

Fun Egg on Toast
A year ago last April (as you know of course) I visited Austen at his caravan in The Cotswolds and very nice it was too. Actually hotter there at the time than it was here; there's Global Warming for'ya!! While I was over there I decided to buy some "egg rings" to use with my plancha, and I did. 6 of 'em. 2 star shaped, 2 rings wiv 'andles and 2 rings, non stick, frying eggs for the use of. The star shape... err, no. Rings wiv 'andles? In regular use, I like them! But the nonstick are the subject of this little exercise, never used before but deep enough to contain a dose of "scrambled" egg as the photos show so here goes, but let's get the photos imported first.....

INGREDIENTS
2 Eggs
Salt & Pepper
Fresh Parsley
Spanish smoked Paprika
2 slices of Bread

METHOD
Using a ring, cut the crusts off the bread slices to produce a nice, round, shape.
Beat the eggs together with a pinch of salt, some pepper, some paprika and some freshly chopped parsley.
Fry/toast the bread. Pour the egg mixture into the rings and stir as they set until the rings can be removed and the "pancakes" turned over to brown the other side. Turn out onto the toast and serve. As you can see, I also served a burger and a fried tomato.

No comments: