Saturday 28 February 2009

Different

My piece of Pork Loin was done in the Wellington style and it's a shame that my French friend, Cecilia, moved away because Mushroom Duxelles form the basis of the pate that's used in the recipe and she could probably have given me a few pointers. I survived though, including in mine some apple to complement the meat.

Ana's was busy last night with a good crowd listening to the Flamenco and I received a few cards over the bar and a couple of drinks as well. Tuesday we have David and Christy ("The Twilights") performing again and then on Thursday another Spanish performance - a Monologue. The WiFi is drawing people as well with four taking advantage of the facility last night and another popping his head through the door in enquiry.

The weather has turned miserable again. The forecast rain arrived yesterday evening and is still falling as I type. And it's cold as well. But there is no real excuse to go out; today is a holiday so all the major shops are shut.

No comments: