Thursday 12 February 2009

Good News all round

I normally do not harrass organisations like telefonica because I believe that they know what they are doing, but, this morning, after weeks of poor broadband connectivity and these last 2 days or so with none at all I finally called to find out what the heck is going on. A "major fault" was their reply so here I am working off-line and using a Dial-Up connection to swiftly upload this blog and check emails. This is my first login for almost 3 days (just as well, Larisa wrote on Tuesday,) and I will not be doing so too regularly because of the cost! The website and cameras are not being updated either for the same reason - too much time would be required on-line.

The party on Tuesday went without a hitch with me managing to complete the food just in time, with a little help from Beryl at the bar. I have a photo of the spread but I'm not going to upload it now.

I queried the situation with my Bank Account this morning and the nice young lady behind the counter there told me (after checking) that my name was no longer on the list of blocked accounts! Despite the lack of info from any other source it seems that an amnesty may well be in place now so I'm going to start using the account as from tomorrow and if all goes well I'll tell Favio to chance paying me through the bank at the end of the month.

STOP PRESS
Bar Ana is becoming an Internet "HotSpot"! Favio gave me the new landline number last night. All has yet to be installed though which, I hope, might be within the next couple of days.

No comments: