Monday 16 February 2009

I'll mince no words

I've been out and bought a PICADORA de CARNE, or, in other words, an old-fashioned mincing machine that you clamp to a work surface, only this one is not so old and more of a modern, plastic, fashion. Courtesy of its Archimedean Screw and my well greased elbow I now have 4 Minced Chicken Puffs in the oven and with the rest of my mixture I'm going to try doing some Croquettes later, maybe even a burger or two.

(Later)
Oh boy, the empanadillas were good but the burger idea wins the day for the 2nd dish because I've just found some "Cajun Blackened Seasoning" amongst my spice collection which I brought back from America so, despite Bill's misgivings when I mentioned about maybe doing a Chicken Burger to him earlier today, blackened burgers it's got to be! .......phew! Talk about Smokey Joe's but it dun'alf smell good!.........Well, they may never have fried any chicken quite like it in Kentucky but here with 2 easy over and pickles on the side I've just been to America and back, my way, inside 20mins with no Jet Lag (or Blueberry Pie.)

No comments: