Monday 16 February 2009

Hello..are you out there?

I'm back! Telefonica rang this afternoon just as they'd promised to do so, and, with Cristina's help translating, the Broadband connectivity problem has been sorted. A thunderstorm had knocked my router for 6 and, as luck would have it, I'd just got in from going to collect a spare one that David had which, over the phone, the helpdesk has helped me reconfigure for my fixed IP. Can't believe that I've let lightning blow my modem! Me of all people. I should know better.

The social calendar is a little cramped this coming week what with a popular bar up in town celebrating the Guv'nor's birthday, Ann & Bill celebrating their Wedding Anniversary and Favio & Ana-Mary celebrating their birthdays also. They are throwing a party in the bar on Sunday complete with a Flamenco Dancer. Never mind me though, I'll be working through the whole lot but my moment is planned for next Wednesday when I intend to go over to MonteMar and my favourite Chinese for a quiet celebration of my own! I haven't been there in an age and am quite looking forward to seeing the folk there again.

Today I find myself enjoy an unexpected day off having been told last night that the usual cover for me this Wednesday cannot happen this week. Not needing to be told twice I'm going to take the opportunity to finish testing a webpage that I have written which will let you watch me working behind the bar, hopefully in glorious technicolour video (albeit a little jerky over the web.)

The bar is now an Internet Hotspot although we are still waiting for the router to be delivered.

No comments: