Tuesday 3 February 2009

Time Out

I received an email from Larisa yesterday morning to which I replied by way of an eCard. I'm supposed to get notification that she has "opened" it but that hasn't happened yet. Bearing in mind that the actual covering email is in English she may be ignoring it or maybe it was automatically consigned to her spam bin. Either way I'll wait until tomorrow and send a conventional message if necessary.

Favio, prompted by my daily record of hours worked (which I didn't hide and he has told me is not necessary after having the figures explained last night,) has finally told me what I am to be paid each month. A relaxing piece of news to say the least. Things are looking up. Well they will do when he coughs up this month's.

The bad weather continues. Rain or showers, generally at 70% to 90% risk, are forecast for the next 7 days at least. Heavy rainfall (with plenty of Thunder) last Sunday afternoon/evening turned the steps into Niagra Falls, the outflow of which turned Calle del Bajondillo into a river. Having to paddle in 2 inches of fast flowing water on my way to work caused me to spend the evening behind the bar in wet shoes and socks. Good job I was kept on my toes with no time to dwell on that predicament. During a lull in the rainfall a gale-force wind blew up and Ana-Mary mentioned last night that a Tornado had struck in Malaga during the storm which is now abating over south-eastern Europe according to radar. Looking back through this blog I have been mentioning rain and bad weather since September!! A bad winter.

I've just come across Duffy singing through her album "Rockferry" on TV. One of my favourites.

No comments: