Thursday 26 February 2009

Google one, Pearl one.

It seems that we are in for some more damp, wet weather over the next few days with plenty of clouds about in-between the showers and rain. Am I bovvered? It's quite sunny at the moment so I've done a load of washing which is out on the line already drying nicely, thankyou.

My day off is now, for the foreseeable future, Monday which is a bind. I opted for Wednesdays for a specific reason so, just as soon as I get wind that Wednesdays are available to me again I will revert post-haste (I won't go into details here about why this has happened, life's too short.)

Needless to say, my planned Chinese meal yesterday in Montemar did not happen but not to worry, instead I've been out this morning and bought a posh piece of pork (loin), cut it into 3, put 2 pieces in the freezer and kept the biggest piece (blame my wonky eye) out ready for the Big Day tomorrow. That Roast Pork feast will be followed by work at 8pm and another dose of Flamenco at 10pm. Pure Flamenco is heavy on most foreigners ears and Ana-Mary has come to realize that, telling me last night that she will ask the singer to do some other, lighter, forms as well so that all can enjoy the performance more, including me!

I was pleased to accompany Beryl into Malaga yesterday, giving support while she bought herself a WiFi enabled laptop. Back home within 2 hours she was soon logged into the Bar's Internet Hotspot and getting to grips with her first taste of Windows Vista. Favio had me do a speedtest last night, the result of which was somewhat under the "guaranteed minimum" download speed of 15mbps. I'm now to do it on a daily basis and keep a record so that he can challenge Telefonica over their guarantee at a later date. I haven't the heart to suggest why the speed is lower than he expects but there were 3 computers logged on at the time.

Ana-Mary has mentioned to me on numerous occasions about getting some publicity organised for the bar and I keep on about a website. Favio has numerous Domain Names "parked" but has lost the User and Password details for all of them! I showed him just how easy it is to send a webpage up by FTP the other night and he spent hours trying it for himself; but without passwords etc. it's impossible. Hopefully he'll see fit to contact the Hosts and reclaim the missing information. My site has had, to date, nearly 100,000 hits since its inception so I am very much convinced a web presence is a "good thing". Any publicity is good publicity as they say and I often wonder whether anyone ever Googles for Anas Bar and comes up with the inevitable nothing because judging by the Googles that my site is fed to I suspect that someone, somewhere, may well have done so, or even be doing so. Another establishment, not far from where I am sitting, is still googled for from all over the world and keywords used include the actual names of the Management! You never know just how famous you might be out there in etherland!! But, first, you need that password.

Right! I'm going to google "roast pork loin" and see what inspiration I can get, using stuff in my cupboards (of which there is mucho 'cos I can't go out for a loaf of bread without coming back with half the shop.) I might be a compulsive shopper. Must take a tablet. BTW, I took delivery of a packet of Pearl Barley the other day, a special order to a friend who was going to Fuengirola and the Iceland shop. Next some Lamb chops, which I'll de-bone, for an Irishy Stew later in the week. And the stock that I have on the go at this very mo will be becoming the pearly queen of soups. I haven't had Pearl Barley since I left home I don't think which means, what, 40years? Blimey, don't time fly.

PS. While I was halfway through the above I heard my other machine accept an email. I've just checked. 3!! One of which is from The Crimea. Who's a happy chappy? 13 days to go and already I'm getting butterflies.

No comments: