Monday 27 August 2007

El fin de Agosto

What a week the last one has been. It left me no real time to write here. First, on Wednesday afternoon there was a torrential downpour of rain that caused some minor flooding in the apartment! I was watching the Steps turn into a waterfall from the bedroom balcony, as during the course of 1hr or so 2 inches of rain fell, without realizing that in the Living-Room a big puddle was developing due to drain gulleys on that balcony being 'stopped' by Moss. Second, I was without water from late Wednesday evening until Friday evening, including during Friday being told not to flush the loo etc, so I couldn't even use bottled water to washup, shower, whatever. As I write, after the weekend off, the plumbers are back making good the big hole in the downstairs hallway and I've just been advised by my Landlady that I cannot walk on the new tiles until tomorrow (except round the very edge beside the wall) and third, I've been writing a webpage devoted to the closure of the
Red Lion Bar at the end of September. And I might add that upon my return from the States I was told that there was a conspiracy afoot to get me into and running a bar somewhere nearby to fill the void created by said closure.

I haven't heard from Larisa since I sent that TXT; well I have...I sent another the following day asking a question about some wine she brought to the Dinner Party the other Sunday and the reply I got back was definately written in a "don't call me and I won't call you" mood. So, that's that. I expect she'll return to Madrid when Katy starts her journey back to Russia because the 1st part of that is a free lift to Madrid with their friend Jesus (pronounced Haysoos of course). A shame, but I can move on from here quite successfully I think. On the other hand she may be leaving me to 'simmer down' for a week or two. Who knows? I certainly don't.

No comments: