Tuesday 28 August 2007

The Future

Ok, it appears to be all over town despite guarantees of confidentiality so here and now I will personally announce that I am in the running for:-

1. Renting a bar that is about to be shut or
2. working as a paid employee in another bar whos owner wants to take advantage of the sutuation fast developing here in El Bajondillo.

Right now I'm cooking some Tomato Chutney and leaving the world to sort itself out.

On a very personal note, there are opportunities arising here that would have stopped me sending some vital SMSs earlier last week and those I now want to try and rescind, if I can. Oh boy! What would I give for a crystal ball. Excuse my "French" but..... SHIT!

On a lighter note, the chutney is beginning to taste good but another hour or two on the heat won't go amiss. The trick is to let it stew until the liquor is nice and thick. There is nothing worse than runny chutney (except runny eggs!!)

Katrina goes back to Russia this weekend (I think) so I'm going to send a message to her via Lary's mobile (cos I can't do anything else) late tomorrow (Wednesday) wishing Katy all the best for the future. I'll probably get a smacked face in reply (from Lary, and I know that I deserve it). But I'll have tried. At least Lary now knows where I stand and with this poorly excusable contact she may realise that I don't really mean what I say....but then she's Russian, different culture, different rules, different everything, and I may be the loser. Trouble is, I really hope not, but a big gamble has gone very, very wrong.

No comments: