Wednesday 29 August 2007

Living and Learning

This morning I packed into 2 jam jars the Tomato Chutney I cooked yesterday. There was a couple of spoonfuls left over which I consigned to the rubbish bin. I've decided today to cook quite a Spanish dish....pasta (mine's spaghetti) with meatballs in a tomato sauce and I've suddenly realized that I could have used that extra chutney in the salsa because "it was there" (or would have been); waste not want not...one lives and one learns.

Stick with me here....I'm shortly going to text Lary regarding Katy's departure.

Well, I sent that I wanted to wish Katy good luck for the future and got back a "Thankyou, I hope to go back soon and we are coming to eat your paella" and an emoticon :@ which means 'I am angry'.....I have sent back that she is always welcome here, that I am sorry for making her angry and that I am sorry to hear that she will go back soon as well. Actually I half expected that last bit...I think that I mentioned a post or two ago that she might go back as well. Let's see what happens though, life is full of surprises, ain't it.

And she's just followed up with "Thankyou!! Today we have no time, another day. See you later". Well, I didn't expect to have to produce Paella at a moments notice so that's no surprise and she's just starting work anyway judging by the time right now (5pm). But, perhaps, the weekend......? At least it seems that we are both going to carry on with our friendship knowing exactly where we each stand. I feel better for that. Funny how the world works. I thought I'd really 'screwed things up', actually I think I did but she's waited. Waited for me to go running back on my knees. I just did; putting her firmly in charge; lock, stock and every smoking barrel!.......

No comments: