Wednesday 29 August 2007

This is what thought does

........so let's see what happens beyond this point. She'll lay down the rules and I am going to let her. Yes, I've been thinking. My Grandmother use to clear and washup the starter crocks before she would dish the main course and then wash those crocks before serving the sweet and I've never forgotten that. Lary is the same. Which makes me feel quite proud that she can keep inviting herself (as she does) here to my apartment to eat with me, because it must mean that my apartment is clean, my kitchen is spotless, and my habits are good, making her happy to be here. And not only that, she is quite happy to invite others as well!! Don't forget, she wanted me to do a paella earlier in June for her and some friends but I went to the USA. Yes, deep down I have a pride that is worth a fortune. I'm going to suggest the next time that we arrange to get together here for a meal that she first works out a Russian menu, gives me a shopping list and then we both do the cooking together. Funnily enough she used to bring stuff to the bar and get me to let her cook it for us in the bar kitchen, always with a Russian twist to whatever she presented.

It's been the hottest day so far this year today, officially 37C/98F but I'm sure that locally it was hotter. It has meant that most of my spaghetti earlier was consigned to the bin because I just did not have the appetite for it. Now, at 2300hrs, I'm cooking again because I'm starving. It's cooler, more comfortable and I know I'm going to devour my Kidney Pie and three veg with gusto!!

Tomorrow I prepare for another paella. Some shopping, some cleaning and then I wait. For the call. "Vamos" (We are on our way). Probably Sunday, despite my thinking that Katy would be flying out on Friday but Lary definately said in her txt earlier today "vamos a comer tu paella"...we are coming to eat your paella. So, as far as Katy is concerned I've not the slightest idea what's going on. She told me that she was here for 4 weeks and that is "up" this weekend. Perhaps Lary is right - estoy loco.

No comments: