Wednesday 5 December 2007

What a Smashing Time Lately

I smashed all previous records today, not only in the "take" but also in tips. I've actually made a profit on the day, even after a trip to the shops to buy a trolley load of goodies!!! And it all could have been better perhaps except that the toilets blocked up and most punters decided to leave rather than sit there with crossed legs. Understandable, but a shame; maybe Favio might now do something about the drainage system. He was pleased with November's figures and the way that things are already, December stands a good chance of being excellent businesswise, except for the toilet situation........

Re: ANN I didn't see David today but Ann S did and she tells me that Ann is in her own room, sitting in the bedside armchair every moment that she can, enjoying hospital life as best she can. David now has unlimited visiting etc etc. Won't be too long before she is home methinks.

Talking of Ann S....she had something to celebrate last week and before I could say "what the..." I found myself embroiled in a hectic dance session to a piece of music that she liked the beat of. It's a long time since I've done anything akin to a Ballroom Jive but I don't think that the snap taken by Elsa-Britt and Ole-Erik shows me disgracing myself. Maybe all the practise in the local discos with Larisa these last 3 years or so has held me in good stead for such a sudden, impromptu fling. But who can resist an invitation along the lines of "come 'ere you an' dance wiv me". I couldn't. And luckily I was off duty. Ann & Bill also invited me to lunch on Tuesday, for Steak and Kidney Pud. Oh boy, was I glad that a dinner date with Lary had fallen through (now tentatively rescheduled for the weekend sometime). With fresh Sprouts, brocolli, carrots and Roasties to die for it was a meal par excellance. Shame I had to go to work after and couldn't just sit down with a Port and some Stilton to finish off in style. But good job that I did go to work because I've now got a Christmas Meal booked for Christmas Eve, via Hilde, at a Dutch restaurant run by a friend of hers. A bit of Social Networking going on and jolly good too. As it won't be Turkey (that's not the Dutch way) I still plan to cook my own Turkey Dinner on Xmas Day just as I have done for the last 2 years.

No comments: