Friday 28 December 2007

A tale of One Christmas (cont'd)

Sorry 'bout keep having to do continuances but I run out of time these days when writing due to the fact that it takes a long time and I have to break to go to work and when I get home I have to eat etc. rather than get on with things here. What I have been doing is leaving a more follows----> tag at the bottom as I work on the post through the day (when necessary) and I'm going to continue doing that until the post is totally complete in future which means that, over more than a day, despite no additional post (such as this one) there may be more at the bottom of the latest, and will be, until the more follows---> is removed.

Christmas Dinner cont'd
I'd left the prep of the starter deliberately so that she could get involved if she should ask to be allowed to help, which she did. And that was followed by helping me set the table etc. I'd thought that I would leave taking photos out of it but now I wish that I had because the table looked nice with a Christmassy tablecloth, a pair of red candles and other bits and bobs. Talking about photos I remembered later that I hadn't stopped the apartment cams and checked to see if she was in any of the shots at 1530 when they would have taken their last snaps of the day. She was. Sat at the table, and also you can see the bag containing the little gift of perfumes that I'd bought. The meal was good. Nothing was spoilt, everything turned out as intended so my worries about burning stuff turned out to be groundless. Lary had never seen bread sauce before and (believe it or not) wasn't too sure about what to do with the gravy, preferring to drink a cupful of it rather than pour it over her meal. That said, she helped herself to more meat and veg which, for me, was a silent accolade. Then we shared one mince pie and cream because we were both quite well "stuffed".

As I write (28th) she has returned to Russia, having left here yesterday. Her date for the operation she needs keeps being deferred, latest being not til February. So she has decided to get it done back home where she can pay to be fast-tracked through the procedures. She has an appointment on the 3rd Jan to get things organised and said that she would be back within a month. In the meantime we have email with which to keep in contact and she has promised to bring back "something Russian" for me. My face must have been a picture as she was telling me, because she kept repeating "you do understand, I'm going to Russia on 27th, but I'll be back within a month". In actual fact that may be exactly what's going on in the snap.

Austen was up early on Christmas Day because I received a txt all the way from The Dominican Republic at 12-34pm which for him would have been 06-30am or 07-30am and I spoke to Aaron on Boxing Day as I promised him I would - he has had Christmas off but has to work the New Year so I'm not expecting a midnight "happy new year" txt from him and I don't know whether Austen is back or not. So it looks like the New Year might be unusually quiet for me what with Lary being in Russia as well (it's also her Birthday don't forget). I have the day off, and am invited to Tina & Barry's along with Beryl & Randy for a celebratory meal (Indian Takeaway) before retiring to Ana's for the midnight mark. And that's it for now.

No comments: