Friday 14 December 2007

Cut & Dried

That's the Christmas Cards away. Hopefully I'm in time although word is that the last day for posting was the 12th. A little blustery outside today with plenty of grey clouds around and some extensive rainfall evident on the Eastern horizon which, on the easterly wind, could be coming our way. I've just got back from Leena's Hair Salon in the nearby hotel having had my hair cut (and a free blow-dry while walking back home). So now I'm all set for the Christmas and New Year Festive season which kicks off here on Sunday as far as I'm concerned with a (late) lunch with Tina & Barry. Tina has invited several people and been kind enough to schedule everything to accomodate my need to get to work at 5pm. Beryl and her husband are invited by Favio and Ana-Mary for Dinner in the evening so I have agreed to work through until close on Sunday. A busy day all-in-all.

One of the regulars (Juan) in the bar gave me a rather expensive Jacket the other day. Having bought and worn it just 2 or 3 times he decided that it wasn't "him" and looked for a new home for it. Me. Now I just need to elicit some help in finding a matching pair of trousers so a certain young lady will be press-ganged just as soon as the opportunity arises. Maybe the combo can then become my "new Party Frock" for the meal on Christmas Eve (the menu of which, incidently, I have not been able to clarify because Hilde did not have the info in her handbag last night when I spoke to her).

Re: Ann
David tells that she is steadily improving each and every day and I am pleased to hear that she has set herself a 'goal'...to gain enough strength to accompany him one day next week to the bar followed by a meal in one of the local eateries. Life is getting back to normal, slowly but surely.

No comments: