Wednesday 30 April 2008

Dia Descanso

It's Wednesday, officially, and my day off, one of which I haven't had since last week! Tonight in the bar it was very, very quiet due to all my regulars going to a Birthday Party up in Town at Maria's Bar. Some of the revellers called in, on their ways' home, dressed in best "Party Frocks" and with hair let down etc., etc. and very nice too, making my evening to see somebody and also helping to top the till up. It seems that I missed a good night but, unfortunately, it was my night for working through.

I'm not going to stop long here because I have to get to bed (it's just 3am and I'm not long in from work) but while I drink my tea I thought I'd send a few lines. Erica's Dad has organised what we know as a Tapa Run tomorrow (actually today of course). A kind of glorified Pub Crawl where a tapa is taken at each stop as well as a beverage and traditionally finishing with Champagne Cocktails I believe. I've been invited before (they are not that frequent by the way, the last was about a year ago) but have never managed to join in until now and that is because it is deliberately scheduled for today, my day off whereby I have no excuse! Then later in the afternoon/evening I've asked David to come and help me finish off the remaining seafood from that which he bought Monday and has passed on to me. Paella is on the cards, this time with some Rabbit. I can't remember the last time I had Rabbit. And that means I need to shop so I won't be taking too many cocktails beforehand on the Run which starts at 12-30 - 9 hours from now. I must get to bed!!

No comments: