Tuesday 29 April 2008

Three is not a Crowd

Some while ago in my musings to you I mentioned about the social side of life - be it in my own bar or working in someone elses like I do now - and getting a social life back having started to work back in September. Last night after work David and I were late leaving the bar due to the fact that someone he knew turned up and they spent some time "catching up" together. Sitting alone at the bar, waiting for David, I was joined by a lady who recently moved here from Ireland and has been feeling a little homesick and somewhat lonely and during the course of our conversation I dared to invite her to David's and the impending dinner. She accepted. I eventually got to his kitchen around about 10-30pm or so and dished up on his terrace somewhere near midnight because the conversation between the 3 of us slowed me up but what the heck, we were enjoying each others company over a few glasses of the White Wine that should have gone in the sauce!! Despite all that the cook excelled himself, turning out an absolutely perfect dish of which there was eventually none left due to everyone going back for "seconds" and even "thirds". All-in-all a nice social evening, David had some company, I was doing what I like to do - cook with a purpose ie for others and our ladyfriend forgot about her homesickness for a little while.

No comments: