Sunday 20 April 2008

Glutton for Punishment

Tonight after work David has asked me to cook at his, which is what I am going to do. Last week while shopping for the Haggis extravaganza I bought 2 nice 'n thick Pork Chops and left them in his freezer for a rainy day. Well, guess what, today it is rainy so Chops is on the menu! David is not too keen on Potato, much preferring rice as a staple so the pork chops are going to be curried with Sag Aloo and Onion Bhajis accompanying. Sounds good but a lot of work, some of which I shall do this afternoon, in the day's gloom, in order that we don't have to wait too long tonight for stuff to reach the table. I might even try to do a Nan Bread but then again I might not, I hate working with flour. No, forget that, here's an even better idea...I'm going to use some of the Soft Tunnbrod that Else-Britt gave me instead. Of course, all this is assuming that he remembers to do his bit and defrost the chops, so I've got some Fish Fingers and a tin of Mushy Peas on standby just in case.

No comments: