Wednesday 2 April 2008

Austen and the Paris Marathon

Austen runs the Paris Marathon this Sunday and in case you haven't seen his Email you can donate to his chosen charity by clicking here : Macintyre Care and selecting his name from the dropdown list (or use the "Marathon" option if you can't find it). I've already done my bit and it's easy believe me. I found his email quite entertaining so I'm going to paste a little of it here:-

The time has come for me to ask for your generosity by asking you to put your hand in your pocket and sponsor me a wad of money to support me as I run the Paris Marathon in aid of Macintyre charity.

The marathon is this Sunday and it is reported to take in the sights and scenes of Paris. Whether I get to see Paris is a little dubious as I tend
to stare at the pavement concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other, 26 miles is a long way.

In the office today, somebody said how do I feel about the Marathon. It is
quite hard to put fine detail around that and of course I have questioned
whether I have done enough running. I haven’t lost as much weight as I
would have liked as I just couldn’t get to grips with a nutrition regime.
My downfall is chocolate. Pave Paris in Chocolate and I could run 26 miles
in a flash, pave it concrete and I reckon it will take me about 4 ½ hours –
but I will do it. What I can say is that the lead up to the marathon feels
like the nursery rhyme Solomon Grundy :-
* Eurostar on Friday
* Register on Saturday
* Run on Sunday
* Carried home on Monday
I will let you know the rest of the rhyme on my return.

No comments: