Friday 11 April 2008

I'm Humbled

It's late, I should be in bed but I'd rather sit here bashing the keys for a minute or two. Cecilia returned from attending her sister's wedding (in Luxembourg) yesterday. This evening she came to the bar quite early and settled down, engaging me in conversation about her trip and how she had enjoyed herself etc. As usual she was accompanied by her young daughter who, eventually, went to sleep in her arms somewhile after Beryl and I had changed over. At my suggestion I carried the youngster back to their apartment whereupon Cecilia proceeded to knock up a tapa for Randy and me to share at the bar later. Cod, Grapefruit, Onion and Olive Oil. It was absolutely awesome. She just threw it together in front of my eyes, gave me a quick taster whereupon I said "it needs a little pepper" (which she actioned) then chucked it in a tupperware container along with a few plastic forks and half of a baguette, and, with the word "enjoy", sent me on my way. Back at the bar a little later Beryl said that she thought that Randy wouldn't like it but she was wrong, he ate half of what was there and I ate the rest. Cod and Grapefruit?? This lady knows a thing or two about flavours and I'm hoping that she might be able to teach me a similar appreciation. Who'd a'thought it - Cod n Grapefruit. Delicioso, believe me. With her permission I'll publish her recipe here on Sierracazorla.net, hopefully soon.

No comments: