Saturday 24 November 2007

Another Grey Day

More rain to come they say today. It is certainly looking decidedly grey outside and the temperature has just started to climb away from the overnight low of 9C/47F. Currently it's a chilly 13C/55F so I'm going shopping shortly to get some wine to take over to Lary's tomorrow (and a box of choccies!!) before the heavens open.

I had that Roast Beef last night. It had been cooked a little on the rare side so after I'd carved and reheated a few slices in some freshly made Onion Gravy it was just right for me...no pink. I also made a yorkshire to go with it and guess what...it worked!! Rose to a good 3inches above the pan. One idea (a one-man, no waste, yorkshire batter mix) that'll find its way into My Kitchen.

Only trouble is that I have to work through tonight. Favio is otherwise engaged and won't be coming in so any plans to work on the website etc are shelved again.

Hmmm...I think I'd better get to the shops pronto, the rain is imminent by the look of the sky and there has already been a very light shower judging by the wet on the terrace tiles. At least the washing is in.

1140
Nope, the shops can wait, it's raining. I've just had a nosey through the weather pages at the Website and the sferics page (lightning strikes) is showing some very close activity so I'm now expecting a thunderstorm today as well.

The legacy surrounding the Red Lion Party Cam continues....yesterday at the bar Richard came in to deliver the Cornish Pasties I'd ordered from him (he bakes meat pies etc at home and sells them to local hostelries and individuals) and the Red Lion partyCam webpage cropped up in conversation with others at the bar. Richard then told me that some people were disappointed that there wasn't a recorded playback of the WebCam because they were not able to login at the time it was live. That was (is) logistically more-or-less impossible although with hindsight I suppose that an image could have been grabbed every few minutes and then they could have been turned into a slideshow for posterity. It's something that I never considered, the partyCam was always conceived as a one-off "live" event and in that context was a huge success. His comments though raise again in my mind the idea of a "tribute" page that I mooted a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to have to get wet, I cannot go to Lary's tomorrow without a bottle of wine; it wouldn't be right. Actually, thinking about it, if I use the lift and stay close in to walls I should stay dry (under shop canopies etc). Where's me wellies an' sou'wester?..........

No comments: