Thursday 22 November 2007

Busy, busy, busy!

This age of technology is all very well but people, my friends, are in the habit of contacting me by txt or email just as I am about to go to work! Latest culprit is Larisa; an invitation to lunch at her place on Sunday at 12. Get to work I thought then txt back the acceptance etc at my leisure. Wrong! What leisure? I've just had the busiest session in the bar so far!! Never got the chance to get the mobile out and txt her back, well, not until 2120hrs...4+hrs later over a wind-down drink the other side of the bar. And talking about technology, folk on the other side of the Atlantic knew the place had been busy today before the till reading was even taken!! Incredible. Yesterday the early shift performed better than the late and today it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened again. We'll see. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but it's nice to know that in 4hrs I can do better than the 5 or 6 on the late shift. That will probably change when Beryl gets back though...she's better looking than me!! (or Favio).

I must be looking skinny or something because today I was given the back-end of a Roast Beef joint to finish off by one of my customers (which is now in the fridge waiting it's turn in the consumption queue) and yesterday the same person gave me 2 pairs of (brand new) socks because "they are the wrong size".

All-in-all life is grand.

I'm going to bed but I won't sleep too soon; I'll be pondering Sunday Lunch a la Rusa. Long time since we've done that together, actually the Christmas before last if my memory serves me right.

BTW we had the rain....lots of it. There's over 3inches in my laundry basket which I'd accidently left out. Yesterday at 5am it was so hard that I think the whole town woke up to the noise of the deluge.

No comments: