Tuesday 13 November 2007

Pescado y Vino

Just a quick note because it's a busy day for me today. I've been up to the bank for some change, then back down to the bar to receive a beer order and tonight I've been asked to work through until 11pm which means that I can't go to Tom & Mercedes 2year anniversary 'do' at Marias Bar. Sod's Law.

Lunch on Sunday was great. Swordfish for her and Sea Bass for me + a decent bottle of wine. As it turns out Katrina is coming for a week or two arriving tomorrow. Lary goes into Hospital on the 20th (next week) so I think Katy has been summoned for some support. No doubt we'll all get together again either before or after the operation (if I can make it thro' the paparazzi throng!!). Larisa still hasn't quite got over the Flu....still had a hoarse throat to some extent causing a cough or two while talking,which I'm getting good at at last :-) We had some giggles together.

I have had a cracking last few days in the bar, breaking my record (set on my opening night) with a higher take on Saturday. Things are looking good. And I'm being trusted with those extra duties/hours I said might come my way, and that is significant because Favio is a very cautious person.

Ann is making some progress; David said yesterday that she had been out for a short walk.

I forgotten to mention that Lary is still working towards getting me a job in that shop in the Eroski Centre. While at lunch she asked if I was still interested in it and made a point of explaining that it was full-time at 7Euros an hour. My reply was positive enough to cause her to make a phone-call there and then. Time will tell.

No comments: