Monday 26 November 2007

Better Late than Never

The bar is doing very well at the moment, quite a few folk are over from
Ireland/Norway/England and using the bar in the afternoon. I've also had to work an evening or two just lately and they've been good too. So it looks like "quiet November" is not being so quiet after all. But I was late opening yesterday. For the 1st time the local public transport let me down..........

Saturday evening I received "tomorrow you must get the 220 bus from Fuengirola to Calahonda (etc etc)". Calahonda?? OK. That journey was quite stressing considering that I did not know the route at all and was worried that I would go sailing past the bus-stop where she would be waiting for me. But I didn't. A couple of txts back and forth, once on the bus, gave me enough information to know where to get off. She met me and then we had a 10minute walk, uphill, to her apartment. She's moved. Nice place up on the hill with good views all round. The only trouble is that, door to door, it's about a 90min journey by train and bus. But at least you can cool off in the garden pool below afterwards.

Lunch was good. Between the two of them Lary and Katy produced a Greek Salad starter with Smoked Salmon on Toast. Then Roast Chicken with Chorizo and Potato followed by a Fruit Bowl. I had to be given some Sunglasses because, despite the rainy forecast, it was a beautiful day with wall-to-wall sunshine and at the table (we ate Al Fresco, on the terrace) the glare was too much. I'd better give "La Paparazzi" due acknowledgement before I go much further!! I managed to catch her 'Red-Handed'. Between us all there were at least, I suppose, 60+ photos taken, mostly by Katy using her own, and my, camera (which, unfortunately, has produced very blurred images). The one she's holding here is new, bought by her Aunt as a gift and a sight more clever than mine...I think it even tells the time. She's now a fully qualified Lawyer in Civil Law (and studying to go higher in the profession) but I really think that she's in the wrong job!! I've made her promise to send the photos she took here to me via email once she gets back home to Omsk.

We planned on leaving at 1530 but the bus didn't come as scheduled so, whilst waiting at the bus-stop, more fun was had with the cameras. This time I happened to use my Mobile Phone Cam and got some sharper images of Katy 'posing' her Aunt every which way. Eventually a bus arrived to take us back to Fuengirola where a direct connection was made with the bus back to Torre. They then left me at Benalmadena to go down to the Marina to see friends while I continued on to work, arriving half-an-hour late as I mentioned at the beginning of all this.


The bar got quite busy fairly early on with the new arrivals this week. It turned out to be a good session; made all the better by the appearance of the lady who gave me the Roast Beef the other day with another meal for me. This time German sausage, saurkraut, bacon or Ham and potato. And she said that she is going to bring something in today as well. I had it for my dinner last night as I've promised to return the containers today, well, take them back to the bar ready for collection. The cabbage was quite interesting....a few whole cloves were spicing it; different. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach she could easily succeed. But then she's happily married and moving to Mexico in a few weeks.

Ann and Bill have invited Larisa and me to lunch sometime this week (and Katy if she is still here). They have a Leg of Lamb that needs polishing off before they go away for Christmas. So, right now, I'm waiting for Larisa to call me back about that. My text earlier caught her busy and she replied that she will call back later (I think that they are sorting Katy's flight back to Russia in the next few days).

No comments: