Friday 9 November 2007

What a life

Coming home late in the evening from an 'exciting' shift at work and then having to cook and eat is not conducive to a good nights sleep. So here I am up, it's just 6am and I don't think that I've slept a wink tonight after eating Chicken Curry at 11pm (that I actually prepared earlier). 3 good days on the trot and another to come I hope tonight. As I thought, extra duties are coming my way due to Beryl's absence...I've been asked to do a stockcheck today which means that I'll have to go in an hour or so earlier and Favio doesn't seem too concerned about going to the bank for change - preferring the easier option of sending me scuttling round the neighbours after he takes over at 9ish (it's been a little later of late actually) begging change from them. That doesn't impress them too much and it doesn't impress me much either so later I'm going to the bank, taking some of MY money out (in suitable change) and carrying it as a float in the bar over the weekend. BTW, my social life is second to none. Trouble is they are all married or spoken for. Esa es la vida as they say.....but maybe tomorrow.....

Which reminds me...I'm going to give Lary a call later to see if she's well enough to do lunch with me tomorrow or Sunday. The job, enjoyable as it is, is really in the way there; my 9pm finish doesn't leave enough time to get over to Fuengirola for an evening out bearing in mind that the last train back is 11-30pm.

Those official looking people did not come back so we are of the opinion now that they were nothing more than common or garden Company Reps. And that theory is strengthened with the afterthought that they didn't actually ask for him by name. Official officials would know it and use it during introductions we think. So, stand down on that one for the time-being.

And you know what? It's nice to come home with more money in my wallet than I went out with. Good days means good tips which can often more than cover the cost of the daily milk and bread.

No comments: