Monday 19 November 2007

Emergency Cover

Favio was developing a cold on Saturday; so much so that he followed my suggestion and took a hot toddy. Didn't do much good though because yesterday at 1900hrs he rang me to say that he wasn't going to come to the bar, leaving me to go through the evening until (as it turned out) 0130 this morning. A good session, I thoroughly enjoyed myself even to the point of earning a 5 euro tip!! My early stint was quiet but the "late shift" was good; the exact opposite to Saturday when my session was good but the late one wasn't. You never can tell in this business.

Ana-Mary dropped in on Saturday by the way and, talking with Barry and Tina, said that she expected to see me in a Father Christmas hat later next month. All tongue-in-cheek of course but between the lines it seems that my little job is secure for a while longer yet. Whilst she has told me that she has "nothing to do with the bar" obviously at home Favio must discuss things with her and a comment from her about the future like that is good to hear.

We are expecting some very wet weather in the next 36hrs although at the moment it is quite nice from where I sit looking out of the window. It's getting chillier, so much so that I bought a little Fan Heater on Saturday to replace my old one which broke down last spring (luckily just as its use was no longer required). And the electric blanket has been put on the bed!!

Ann has her follow-on appointment with her consultant later today. I'll post any news that I get from David.

No comments: