Wednesday 28 November 2007

If you don't ask......

I've spent a few hours today helping Ann & Bill move stuff from one box-room to another (here they are called Trasteros) and while doing so I came across a rather forlorn looking and very bored Kenwood Chef machine. After discreet enquiry I was allowed to bring it home. It is now in pristine condition and tonight is going to be put through its paces. The meal that I was given the other night was, as I guessed, based on Sauerkraut (this time I've spelt it correctly) and I rather enjoyed it so tonight, with my new 'Chef', I'm going to shred some cabbage and try to emulate that meal without having to wait for the cabbage to ferment. What I was given was the French version, Choucroute. Whether mine will be anything like it I don't know but at least it'll be one my day's "five".

No comments: