Thursday 25 September 2008

I Caught One!!

It couldn't see me at the back of the queue so I managed to get a shot. Left with its tail wagging out on the street a 220 is beginning its next meal. All went well until I got to its mouth. "Espera!" and I had to wait while it checked its belly for more room. With reluctance I was allowed in (along with 3 more behind me) and my journey to Calahonda began. Having had to allow me in it then wanted revenge, which it got at Calahonda by shutting the exit door in my face as I queued to get off. Having none of its fun and games with me I shouted at it and was promptly disgorged out onto the dusty street without further ceremony. What a beast!

I've come home early today because Larisa has taken the girls into Marbella and there was no point in me going with them only to have to turn round and begin the journey back as soon as I got there. Juli goes home on Saturday so they are cramming as much as they can in before she leaves. Katy has yet to buy her return ticket so maybe I'll get to see her again before she goes although I've told Lary that next week will be difficult for me because I will be moving. The trip to Benalmádena and the flamenco show was aborted because, at the door the entrance fee was 35€ and Katy and I immediately started counting the number of days shopping that the spend would deprive us of. Juli was disappointed but we drove to the Marina and had an amble round there instead where, luckily for me, my new socks didn't give me blisters.

Larisa has asked about when you will be arriving and I've told her the story as it stands but, just in case, I've checked out Mesón Salamanca in Fuengirola today on my way home for opening times etc. and hopefully a trip there for a meal together can be arranged because I have been given the use of Ann's car and there is an underground car-park just 50 metres away with a lift back up to Terra Firma. I might even be able to drop you at the door and then park the car. We'll see, one way or another I'm hoping that you will get to see some of our favourite places if you come.

No comments: