Wednesday 3 September 2008

A Mix-up

It seems that I should have done something yesterday about getting the keys exchanged because last night she sent a txt asking what was wrong, she has no time today and that she'll call another day (which, I presume, means sometime between now and next March if I've understood the possible timescale of her trip to Moscow properly.) I sent back that I thought that I had been told (and I know I was..."te llamo mañana", three words I didn't miss at the end of our conversation late on Sunday night) to wait for a call from her to arrange the meeting and that, if she wants, I can pop over to Calahonda today if necessary. No reply yet so I suppose that she really is very busy packing etc., or maybe even en-route to Madrid for the flight tomorrow. Oh well, not to worry, but I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to talk with her face-to-face and find out a little more about why she has to go.

A lazy day indoors then, except for a trip to the shops. I prepped the bar last night after closing so I am totally free today. Lazy day? I should coco. There's washing to do, cooking to do and cleaning to do. No peace for the wicked.

I've just been shouted at, through the open patio door, by one of the local Sparrow flock!! His (or her) problem? There's no water in the plant-pot tray it is wanting to drink from. The cheep of it!

PS. I've noticed on the WebCam this morning that the lights have been put up for the Romería here in Torremolinos. My dictionary says - "ROMERÍA Originally a pilgrimage to a shrine or church to express devotion to the Virgin Mary or a local saint, the term romería has been extended to describe the rural fiesta which accompanies the pilgrimage. People come from all over the country to spend the day in celebration, bringing copious amounts of food and drink with them." Well, I know that here in Torre a long procession of decorated floats makes its way out of town to a site where barbecues and picnics can be (and are) set up for the celebration. I'll try and get a photo or two.

No comments: