Sunday 7 September 2008

A Night in the Parlour

Not as strange as it may sound, my title, because before Anna turned the premises into a bar, the bar itself was her front room!! An extremely good night last night, Teresa and I took a lot of money and had an enjoyable time with a lovely crowd. It all started bang on 7pm with a Stag Party turning up to start their celebration. School friends from South East London, they found the bar early on Friday evening, fell in love with the ambience and returned last night for a bevvy or two before going out on the town. Seated at the end of the table the "victim" is getting married in October and, here, is dressed in a ladies dress with Pearls and allsorts to accompany. I'm sure that they will have had a good time and they promised to return tonight to tell me all about it. Actually there is an hilarious photo of me being held up, horizontally, legs and arms all akimbo by the chap standing. Time will tell if I get to see it again but he has my Email address to send it to.

Ann & Bill came by and gave me the Roasting Rack that they'd bought on my behalf in the UK during their recent visit. A nice, small, non-stick one that fits in my little oven just perfectly. Then the fun started. Teresa commented about having a few aches and pains so Ann offered to do a little massage on her. Unfortunately I didn't think to get the camera out but, as the queue grew for Ann's attentions I did and a few shots of folk undergoing Ann's almost hypnotic treatment follow. Then a singsong started. With Bill & David in the bar it is becoming inevitable that one occurs and always it is not long before some of the others find their voices and join in. And then the dancing started and Irene had her wicked way with me. Something she's been trying to do ever since she arrived a week or so ago, get me to dance with her! And all because of Rod Stewart. Requested by Bill so that he could smooch with Ann the background music turned the bar floor into a dance floor pretty quickly. Some, of course, prefer the quiet life tucked away out of the hullabaloo. Anna, Randy, Beryl, Ole-Erik and Elsa-Britt found conversation easy at the other end of the bar although, as it turned out, Randy was deep in thought about another bowl of his homemade chilli, some of which was offered as a takeaway to me and Teresa. Gratefully accepted, and with my name ringing in my ears (if Deidre used it once she used it a thousand times and was eventually gagged by Ann), my evening ended out on the terrace in quiet reflection over Chilli and Tortilla Chips and a cuppa or two. All the fun and games means that there is plenty to do in the bar to prepare for tonight, which is what I have to go and do shortly. I have the place to myself tonight because Teresa is having the night off as she has a visitor so I'm going to charge the camera up in the hope that things are as busy today even without her blonde charms!


Other Stuff

The news broke last night that Erica is going home, back to the States, tomorrow having decided that Spain is no longer for her. As a friend and confidante I have known about her decision since she took it and she came to see me on Friday afternoon to say cheerio (we actually bumped into each other in town, where, not having noticed her, I heard "don't you dare walk by without saying hi!" She said that she was actually on her way down to see me whereupon I had to point out that we'd better keep moving because my shopping bag contained a trout and I didn't want it to start stinking in the heat. "Friends forever" we will stay in touch through email.

Ann & Bill have mentioned again about me house-sitting for them while they are away in October. If I do, and with Ann & Bills' blessing, then we'll have to arrange a trip over here for you . Their apartment is more suitable for you than mine because there is a lift.

Christina and I have come to an arrangement over the Studio below. I will be moving into it, probably at the end of this month. Whilst I didn't get all that I was after in terms of rent etc I'm quite happy with the outcome and, as it happens, house-sitting for Ann will make it easier to effect the move without leaving me in limbo with my things split between the two. I reckon that I can do it in two or three days, leisurely, during the time available to me. Where's heaven? In the new BATHroom!!

No comments: