Monday 1 September 2008

We Don't Say Goodbye

I knew that a week was a long time! Tonight at 2am Larisa rang and sounded really despondent as she told me that on Thursday she has to return to Russia, possibly until March I think I heard her say. And when I asked "¿para siempre?" (for ever) just to make her repeat things there was an emphatic "¡No!" but she is not sure just how long she has to stay in Moscow. The call knocked the stuffing out of me and all I wanted to do was go home from work but I soldiered on until 3-40am trying to entertain the punters but my heart was no longer in the job.

We have almost identical keyrings and last Thursday, as I left her, I picked up the wrong set and found myself locked out upon arrival home. A phonecall back to her sent her looking and she found mine. Together we agreed that it didn't matter and could wait until next Wednesday (I was able to rustle up a spare set of mine and she didn't need hers) but now, later today, we have to meet to exchange them and she is going to call me again to arrange where and when and hopefully, I'll be able to find out more.

Right now I need Celine Dion and "Immortality", one line of which is my title tonight.

No comments: