Friday 26 September 2008

Romeria/Feria

Since last Sunday, and until next weekend, Torremolinos celebrates its adopted saint, San Miguel (I think). Last Sunday the Romeria took place and a couple of shots of a young lady enjoying herself in the Bullock drawn procession are now posted on the Website Front Page. I took 72 photographs of the procession and some will eventually find their way into the archive at My Gallery but, first, I have to remind myself how to do that.

This coming week is La Feria (the Fair) for which lights have been put up all over the place (including bang in front of my webcam outside my bedroom) and banks and businesses are shut on Monday at least with many taking the whole week off, including my brewery and other suppliers; hence a double delivery of beer today (and that won't probably be enough!) A fun time.

The large delivery earlier today and its attendant workload gave me an appetite that wouldn't wait to be consoled later, so, what to eat for a late lunch? On Thursday morning, seeing me sleepily descending the stairs, Larisa asked "Quieres Pan y Huevas?" That floored me a little until I remembered that she has a habit of using an "A" when there should be an "O". I've read about eggy bread in the past and even seen Worrall-Thompson produce the dish on TV (he has a home not far from here which makes me wonder whether Pan y HuevOs is actually a spanish dish that he has added to his breakfast repertoire.) Her quickly produced offering served with jams and pates was delicious, although I wouldn't buy pates for myself, I'm not too keen. Have a go I thought, do it for yourself, and I have, just now. I know you are not fond of eggs but:

1 egg and a dash of water
2 slices bread
Salt
pepper
Paprika (I just love the Hot , Smoked, Spanish stuff.)

Pour the beaten and seasoned egg and water onto a shallow plate and soak the bread slices (both sides) in it before frying them in hot Olive Oil.

Easy. I didn't bother with jams, marmalade and the like though, I served mine with some bacon rashers, a turkey burger and an extravagant splodge of ketchup.

"O" and "A"?? If you look up the difference in a Spanish dictionary between, say, Pollo and Polla you'll realize why I was careful to look at the Mis en Place before deciding to say "yes please".

No comments: