Saturday 24 May 2008

All done

I was up early this morning and took the opportunity to finish off the email I've been composing, in Spanish, for Larisa. It has been sent and a txt to let her know that that has happened because she doesn't have an internet connection at home (or didn't the last time I was there) and will have to traipse to an Internet cafe somewhere when it's convenient.

1pm and this weeks Chicken is in the oven, stuffed again with a homemade Sage & Onion mix made with fresh herbs from the terrace. This time I've used breadcrumbs to bind it in the hope that I can use some on the plate beside a dollop of bread sauce. Leek & Potato soup is also on the go, a big pot of it that also contains the Carrot, Mushroom Stalks and Chicken Meat recovered, via a strainer, after making the stock from last weeks carcass. A glass of White Wine has added a nice dimension! Also, a tray of Minced Beef has been portioned into 5 (200grams each) and shoved in the freezer which means that later I can publish a recipe for you, sort of based on a Spag Bol, but different, when I redo it and write it down!

Some people have said to me that having a chicken each and every week is so boring. Boring? Not a bit of it. That bird, roasted or boiled leads on to so many other things that they are almost un-countable.......Stir-fries, Stroganoffs, 'a la Kings, Salads, Paellas, Supremes, Curries, Pastas....the list is endlessly interesting and, of course, it can all finish with the most delicious homemade soup(s) if you have the patience and the inclination, which I do!! I can get at least 8 meals off a 1.7Kg bird, each one different, with just the one shopping trip required for meat. Oh and let's not forget 5 or 6 bowls of soup as well. For 5Euros a bird (more or less) that's a damn good return.

No comments: