Tuesday 20 May 2008

Downright Piracy

Yesterday while I was browsing the statistics for my Website I noticed an unusual piece of information - what is known as a "referral". Following it through, it turns out that another site (about Benalmádena) has linked to my PHP script powering the dynamic weather updates here at Sierracazorla.net. Now I could break the link, secure the script, complain to the webmaster concerned etc etc and probably should do because my bandwidth quota is being plundered but, at this moment, the problem is minimal so I'll sit back and monitor the situation for a while happy in the knowledge that my hard work and long hours coding the script is obviously valued by others.

I think, no, I know that there were half-a-dozen pepper plant seedlings given to me by Anna. They have been potted-on as a group (I didn't thin then out) and this morning are standing tall and proud in their new home after that trauma. Anna tells me that they are a normal pepper so it'll be interesting to watch what develops later in the year.

There has been no noise or mess coming up from below so far this week which means that I have stopped worrying about the state of the place ahead of my Paella Party tomorrow. A quick, final dust round late tomorrow afternoon (I suspect that an 8pm start is on the cards) will ensure that everything will be just fine. Fingers crossed.

The Shepherd's Pies turned out OK in the end although I would have preferred to mince my meat instead of using a fine dice but beggars can't be choosers...I didn't bring my mincer with me. Today? Chicken Curry I think to finish off the remaining meat from last weeks bird, which reminds me...I must strain the stock and soup it up. No peace for the wicked.

No comments: