Monday 19 May 2008

Birthday Boy

Bill celebrated his birthday today (Sunday) and despite trying to leave the bar twice after "just one" ended up having a good time with friends and a glass of Jack Daniels. But his real treat? He got to wear Favio's shiny chrome crash helmet.
Boys will be boys.


Shepherd's Pie

I've managed to make 3 pies with the available meat so two will eventually go in the freezer (I need more mash to top them off) and one, this one, is going in the oven right now.

Not too successful I have to say. I didn't pre-cook the veg (Carrot, Onion and Green & Red Peppers) and half-an-hour in the oven at 180C, whilst enough time to heat it all through adequately, did not cook the veg. So, the remaining two are going to be reworked to correct that error. The Aluminium Trays I bought turned out to have cardboard lids and are identical to the trays that Chinese Takeaways use to package their stuff.

I had a busy session in the bar tonight during which Swedish Anna came in (her regular Sunday visit) and gave me a young Pepper Plant which I have yet to plant into a pot. At the moment it is still in the plastic bag with the rootball wrapped in newspaper which I'm being careful to keep dampened for the time being.

No comments: