Wednesday 14 May 2008

Sorted

I have bought a 1.23Kg Leg of New Zealand Lamb as a treat for myself. Trouble is that it was frozen at the point of sale and, as I write, has not fully thawed. So tonight I have had to have the second portion of Macaroni Carbonara that I cooked for lunch today. I've traipsed the leg around El Bajondillo tonight enjoying a drink or two while waiting for it to thaw but to no avail. Still frozen deep inside. OK, no problem, make a few slashes on the soft outside, stuff them with Rosemary and Garlic and leave in the fridge until tomorrow. That's where I am right now in the big scheme of things. Then follow some advice given tonight and serve with Patatas Pobre along with my choice of veg...cabbage and Asparagos.

More importantly, Favio and I have discussed the future this evening. I take over the bar on 1st July, under contract, running from 7pm until close for a satisfactory level of remuneration and, possibly later, moving into the apartment (over the bar) that Beryl currently has until she leaves for America. I'm pleased with life right now despite having to wait for my lamb! He has also commented that it might be worthwhile putting a kitchen (of sorts) in!! Fair enough, but I explained how I would want that to be implemented and also made the point that 2 behind the bar might be necessary. He promptly came up with a name!! Very astute. He'll have me married off sooner rather than later!!

Tomorrow we start a new timetable for the bar....opening at 6pm with Beryl taking over at 10pm. Which gives me more time to roast my leg and mash a Mint Sauce together

And to the person who has just sent a note.....Hi there!!

No comments: