Monday 26 May 2008

Una Cita para Cena

My Email to Lary included an invitation to accompany me, on Wednesday evening, to Dinner at Ann and Bills' where a spit-roasted joint of Beef is on the menu. I've just had confirmation back that she will do so. Which means that my Spanish is going to get a good bashing keeping up with the conversation that Ann and David (who is also invited) can, and probably will, engage her in. Here's hoping, though, that I do not get let down at the last minute as has happened of late with similar arrangements made with others, although I have to say that Larisa has never done that. Sod's Law again.....I've tried to contact Ann, to let her know, by an IM in skype but she is not even online let alone "away" or "unavailable". Of all the days in all the weeks......................

My neighbours, Christy and Margaret, are going home to Ireland later today because of an unexpected family bereavement and Christy has just passed on to me the contents of their Kitchen Cupboard, Fridge and Freezer "rather than see it go to waste". One of the benefits of living in an extremely mobile society!!

The birds are using the trays under my plant pots as drinking troughs and bathing conveniences so I have put a large, heavy, cazuela full of fresh water out especially for them but will they use it? No! They sometimes use my plancha as a landing pad but it is oily and if they approach touchdown at a shallow angle it can really be quite funny to watch.

No comments: