Friday 30 May 2008

Tied Up

I mentioned a little while ago that I would have to stake my Tomato Plants somehow. My terrace garden does not afford the opportunity to push a stick firmly into the ground but I have managed to provide a stringy solution to the problem. Two "downers" of Blue Nylon Line can be seen which are tied to my washing line. They are loose at the bottom and the plants are being tied to them as growth dictates. Simple but effective. I'll let the plants grow another few inches, I think, and maybe then I'll pinch the tops.

Larisa's request for me to cook a Paella has been put on the back burner for a while. She is going to Russia on Monday for a couple of days and a text last night to apologise for having to postpone is probably to do with the pressures of preparation for her journey I expect. Not to worry, she'll re-schedule when she can, she's not one to turn a nose up at Paella.

Ann has sent me the photos that she took at her Dinner Party and I'm going to post one here that shows all her guests beginning to savour the Port & Stilton , "Death by Chocolate", Strawberries & Cream and other dessert treats served after the Roast Beef.

No comments: