Tuesday 27 May 2008

Quiet Reigns

Well, more or less. This morning, at half-nine the builders started below me, with a pnuematic drill, digging an'ole. Add that racket to the noise of an incessant rotary tile cutter that I have lived with for the past few days plus the banging into the mortar as the cut tiles are mounted on a wall and you have an idea of what life has been like here lately. And that's not mentioning the mess (dust) which is still a BIG problem but hopefully (all bar the shouting, and Spaniards just love to shout) life appears to be quietening down now, the major works may be over. Tomorrow I need to dust round again just in case Larisa decides to come up to the apartment, and if she does it'll be because she wants to check my fridge. She does that..to see what I've got in there and to make sure that I seem to be eating properly. It must be a woman thing! Anyway the fridge is chock-a-block with stuff at the moment, including what has been given to me by Margaret and others just lately. So, what do you do with a half-used pack of Oxtail Soup powder, some left-over Sun-Dried tomatoes (in oil), an opened packet of Macaroni and (my contribution) the bottom of a bottle of White Wine? Well, as it is Tuesday and I have to work through to the bitter end tonight I've decided to do a big plate of "Spag Bol" for today's dinner only it isn't of course, not with Macaroni but who cares, at least my hunger will be held at bay until the small hours, which is the aim.

1510 and it is looking ominously like rain and guess what? The clothes I want to wear tomorrow are washed and hanging on the line. The shirt that she bought me for my Birthday back in February and the trousers she chose (and altered) on a shopping spree that we had a year or more ago. Talking about the shirt, It has lost a button which I have safely kept and later I'm going to get a needle and some cotton out (I have a kit of such things) and have a go at putting it back on. Could be fun, the kit didn't come with instructions.

No comments: