Saturday 17 May 2008

Taking Stock

A day of lazy pottering so far. The weather is nice and sunny, currently 25C in a shady spot on my terrace, with a few clouds scuttling across the sky. The plants have had their morning water and weeding, a new pot of chicken stock is coming to the boil (the meaty pickings from the bones are in the fridge and should give me at least two more meals) and I've prepped a Lamb Curry ready for tonight. The extra hour at home until 6pm is proving useful and the later finish at 10pm is not inconvenient at all.

Last night I was required to pose for a couple of photos, out on the street, by a group of ladies who were returning home which was all a little embarrassing because I hate having my photo taken but these turned out nicely. Later I'll post one here after I receive them via email as has been promised. I'm told that one of these ladies already has a photo of me back home on her mantelpiece and she herself is not afraid to admit that that is the truth!! Maybe there's hope for me yet so I've updated the picture of me on my profile, here in the blog, using a snap that Ole-Erik took on the tapa run 2 weeks ago, but I've had my hair cut since I think. Yep, just checked in the mirror, definitely since.

Joder! (That's a Spanish expletive), Ann S has just called asking if I've forgotten and, of course, I have. I agreed to help her to go shopping today at 2pm. Well, now it'll have to be 2-45pm.

All done and I'm back with a Parsley plant, a Mint plant and a Marigold (I think). Plus some fertilizer for all and sundry. The parsley is a bit leggy but the other two are nice specimens. Hopefully now I'll get a good crop of Tomatoes, not necessarily entitled to an "organic" label but certainly the husbandry will be ecologically friendly! The photo shows the latest additions to the fold.

No comments: