Saturday 31 May 2008

Friday Night

On my way to work I usually dump my rubbish bag, which involves a diversion away from the bar to the Rubbish Bins. The trip takes me past Sheerin's Bar where Erica is currently working as a Holiday Relief. Yesterday evening she called me in because she had a problem with the Guinness pump which she thought that I might be able to sort out. I couldn't and had to leave her with a badly fobbing font. After work I went back to check that she was OK and whilst sat there I noticed David arrive outside and made sure that he knew I was inside. He and his party were on the way home from a meal and it wasn't long before I was in the company of him, Jimmy and Pat and two more friends of theirs, whose names escape me right now, in the bar . Not having seen Jimmy since Ann's Dinner Party we set to reminiscing about that amongst many other, rather raucous, topics of conversation that must have caused poor Erica and the rest of her customers a headache or two. Eventually, though, between them, David and Jimmy decided to go over the road to El Bajondillo and maybe do "a turn or two" for Ana-Mary. Which is exactly what happened. And here is Jimmy singing a duet with Ana-Mary to a packed Cafeteria Bar in El Bajondillo (the audience is out of shot.) My foto series shows his opening phrases, Ana-Mary's response and Jimmy's closure in classic duet style. In Spanish, no rehearsal, very spontaneous. Absolutely Fantastic.
David wasn't to be out-done either except that he chose to serenade one or two of the ladies in the audience. It's amazing how, here in Torremolinos, particularly here in El Barrio Bajondillo (The Bajondillo District) what starts as an innocently quiet and normal evening can evolve into something quite fantastic.



Aside from the spur-of-the-moment songs, the party, both in Sheerin's and outside on the terrace in El Bajondillo brought tears of laughter to just about everyone I think. Tonight I intend to try and keep a low profile though, just dropping into The Ship to give Lisa her pots back on the way home to my evening meal. But, then again, it is Saturday.......

No comments: