Wednesday 14 May 2008

El Miercoles

Yep, it's Wednesday again. I had a late finish last night in the bar, finally getting away at 3am only to find a most important email in my inbox on arrival home the reply to which kept me up until 6-30am this morning. Tips were good though in the bar (partly due to the fact that one party of Americans ordered 6 Mojito Cocktails and appreciated my effort in making them) so I'm going shopping later to treat myself to a Little Leg of Lamb to keep some rosemary company in the oven tonight. That trip has a two-fold purpose......A couple who are regulars of mine took over a bar in town on Friday (which makes the phrase "were regulars" more appropriate) and last night I said that I would visit them this evening. So, that's what is on the cards including, probably, a nightcap in either Ana's or The Ship. Musn't forget to keep an eye out for Marigolds either, and some Mint Sauce. What did I just say?? I'll make that for myself!!

Randy left Málaga early this morning bound for Washington DC via CDG and a 4 hour layover, ouch. Last night, in the same breath used to gently but firmly charge me with making sure that Beryl is OK throughout his absence, he announced his return in about 6 weeks and hopefully the completion of his wifes application to enter the USA permanently. In the meantime I'm going to miss the rapport between us in the bar most evenings and, as the snap shows, out on the street during the recent "tapa run". One hell of a nice guy.

Oh and before I forget - here's the recipe for Haggis as requested! Buy them complete and just boil.

No comments: