Wednesday 16 January 2008

Plenty to Do

0830, the day has not long dawned and I'm up with good intentions of getting stuff done today! Tea is brewed and a basket load of washing is already in the machine. I just hope that the promise of showers today is wrong but, peering out of the window, it seems that it probably isn't. Wet weather plans are minimal: I've want to write some emails to folk in America and the UK today, specifically Arkansas, Michigan, Florida and Burnley in response to receipts from them prompted by a recent posting here of mine that 'touched' them.

Not long ago I promised Swedish Anna (she used to own the bar; hence its name) that I would make and give to her a jar of my Curry Paste because she loves all things curry and chilli. In order to do that I have to go to Fuengirola Market where there is a Herbs & Spices stall, the like of which I have never seen anywhere else, where I can buy all the ingredients. Then round to the veg stalls and finally to the Scottish Butcher for some more sausage. But if it begins to rain soon I will probably knock that idea on the head. Having said that I need to get flour in for my next breadmaking stint and restock the meat shelves in the fridge etc etc so I really have to go out to the local supermarket (Mercadona) whatever the weather does.

David mentioned in passing the other day that he is intending to restart Spanish Lessons again now that Ann is well recovered and that he wants to continue with me giving him computer lessons in return. I last had a lesson in July, when I was started "on" past tenses and every lesson was pushing my comprehension of the language on by leaps and bounds - it's not just the grammar theory anymore, it's all useful, practical stuff that I can use with Larisa, Favio et al.

10:00 Oooh I dunno, the skies are clearing a little so I think that I might chance my arm, put the washing out to dry when the machine finishes its cycle and catch the train to Fuengirola where I can do the market and Mercadona.

more may follow------------->

No comments: