Wednesday 30 January 2008

Dia de Descanso

We've resolved the issues surrounding me having a day off and today I am doing just that. For the future I will work through on Tuesdays covering Beryl's time off (as I did last night) and then have Wednesdays off myself , covered by Favio. But am I at a loose end today? No. Some Retail Therapy is on the cards for a little later and I want to get my other computer into somewhere for possible repair.

Favio and Ana-Mary came in last night after she had finished work and she engaged me in conversation purely in Spanish and I have to say that I managed to just about "hold my own"! Whereupon she saw fit to congratulate me and my blossoming ability to speak the language. I'm quite pleased to say the least. I should imagine the Ann C's minor setback the other day has put back David's plan to resume Spanish Lessons soon, but, if I am going to be given the opportunity to practise like I was last night then things won't be so bad.

Like I said earlier, I'm going shopping to spend some of my hard earned cash on some things nice to eat so I'll be back later no doubt.

<1630> The computer repairer I want to use is shut for refitting. Sod's law again. So, the computer will have to wait. Since getting back I've been playing in the kitchen with artichokes and a chicken and tonight after dinner I'm going back "up town" to visit Tom & Mercedes in their bar, Maria's Bar, because I haven't seen them for a while and this night off is giving me an opportunity to do such things.
more follows-------->

No comments: