Friday 4 January 2008

The Three Kings

Hmmmm.... here in Spain they celebrate the festival of Christmas on 6 January (although, craftily, they also celebrate to a certain extent on 25th Dec.) and it is known as the Fiesta of The Three Kings, who bring gifts on the eve of the 5th etc etc. Well, not being one to be outdone with double celebrations I've bought a chicken. A whole one, and over this weekend I'm going to celebrate "The Three Kings" with it roasted, complete with Bread Sauce, stuffing and Couscous. Different and interesting. As I write the bird is roasting, dried fruit is soaking and Milk is steeping with onion, cloves, garlic and Bay Leaf ready for whatever I come up with in ideas for a Dinner tonight after work, tomorrow and Sunday. I'm expecting my 1.7Kg bird to do me 4 meals at least. I just hope that there is not a bag of giblets inside because if there is, it's still there!! Ooops. I have also bought Flour and Yeast because tomorrow I'm going to make my own breadcrumbs using my "new" Kenwood Chef. Boy that Chicken is beginning to smell good!! It's the bacon y'know, the only way to auto-baste a bird.
more follows----->

No comments: